First Aid Treatment For Low Blood Pressure
Life is full of surprises and uncertainties. However, with proper knowledge and right aid one can lessen the damage caused by unexpected happenings.
Low Blood pressure:
Low Blood Pressure (BP), in scientific language is also known as Hypotension. In the case of low Blood Pressure, the pumping of blood by the heart is very weak, as a result every organ in the body does not receive sufficient amount of blood and oxygen.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure:
- Emotional instability.
- Poor Diet – vitamin, protein and mineral deficiency.
- Unexpected weakness.
- Blurred vision.
- Dryness of mouth.
- Sudden fall and unconsciousness
First Aid Treatment:
- If the person experiences dizziness, make him sit on the chair or lie him down.
- Elevate the person’s head while lying, by placing few pillows underneath his head.
- Immediately make him consume salt by mixing it in the water or give the patient electrolyte solution.
- Be very careful while rising him from lying down or sitting position. Sudden movement could further decrease the Blood Pressure level.
- If the situation demands, cover the patient’s calf and thigh with elastic stockings in order to prevent the blood to flow down to the legs, thus maintaining majority amount of the blood in the upper level of the body.
- Drinking raw beet juice or even butter milk is an effective remedy for low Blood Pressure.
Change in Lifestyle:
- Decrease the caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Include plenty of fresh fruits and leafy vegetables in the meal.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Practice exercise on regular basis
<li?Increase the intake of salt amount.
- Consult the doctor on regular basis.
Emergency never knocks while entering in the life of a person. Hence, one should always be prepared. Sometimes small actions and presence of mind can save lives, until medical emergencies arrive.